All my life, I have heard two main things about a woman’s beauty. Those two things are:
1. Take care of your teeth – because you only get one set (which isn’t true anymore)
2. Take care of your skin – because it is the first thing people see when they meet you
Well, I am no dentist, so all I can say about tooth care is to brush twice a day and floss often. On the other hand, I do consider myself a “Self-Proclaimed” Skin Guru. With that that being said, I have been taking care of my skin for over 50 years….so that technically classifies me as a GURU!
How I take care of my skin comes up in conversation often, so I have decided to share what I think are essential steps in keeping your skin popping, looking smooth, and looking youthful.
Here are the recommended steps for this month’s 40-50 Club for Mature Queens:
1. Wash your face. All Queens should have a morning and nighttime skin care routine. I personally use Thee G.O.A.T. Bar by NV Naturals to wash my face (a soap made with oatmeal, locally sourced honey, and goat’s milk). In case you didn’t know, your neck is also a part of your face! So, don’t forget to show your neck some love when washing your face…trust me it makes a difference.
2. Use a moisturizer that contains hyaluronic acid it helps hold the moisture in your skin. I personal use Oil of Olay. I follow it up with whatever NV Natural Buttah I am currently using, because it gives me that natural NVious glow.
3. Drink Water. Mature Queens should be drinking at least 8 glasses every day…every day. That amounts to about 64 ounces of water. Drinking water helps the skin flush out all those toxins that get caught in your pores. It will also help you maintain that NVious glow.
4. Go to sleep. (yes, sleep plays a role in keeping your skin nice and right) Mature Queens should be getting at least 7 hours of sleep nightly. By doing so, you cut down on the bags and dark circles that can form under the eyes.
5. DON’T SLEEP IN YOUR MAKE-UP!! I said it…yes, I did. I know after a girl’s night, a night out with your man, or even just coming home from work, you’re tired and ready to go to sleep. Take the time to take your make-up off before you get in the bed. Leaving make-up on overnight, clogs your pores and can cause acne (who wants that??). Follow that up with your nighttime skin care routine and your skin is prepped and ready for the next day. Plus waking up with yesterday’s make isn’t a good look….literally.
So, Mature Queeens, I hope these tips prove helpful for you and encourage you to take care of the “Skin You Are In.” I look forward to sharing my monthly articles about how to take care of your skin in the 40-50 club.
Mic Drop…. More tips to come in March!